1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A: Oh, there are so many favorites! I love selfstriping merino sock yarn, or shiny wool yarn that is good for making socks. I can't stand yarns with "things" on them, anything that resembles this.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A: At the moment, I store them in the packages they came with. Older "stray" ones that aren't complete sets, I store in a bunch with a rubber band around them. Clearly, I have some organising to do in this area.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A: I have been knitting from a very young age. My grandmothers taught me. I used to raid their yarn stash and knit stuff, and remove their projects from the needles I wanted to use.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
A: Difficult one. Anything that isn't too strong. Fruity and flowery.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A: Dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
A: At the moment, I'm just starting to learn how to dye my own yarn. I also recently bought a drop spindle and I can't wait to try it out when I have more time. But most of the time I just knit like crazy.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A: Yes, I can play mp3s on my computer. I like so many different kinds of music, it's hard to point anything out. I'm not a big fan of country music, though.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
A: I have so many favorite colors that I can't decide on one or a few. I don't like orange and yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A: I live with my boyfriend in a 3 room apartment. We don't have any pets or kids or other creatures running around here.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
A: All of the above.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
A: At the moment, socks, socks, and socks. And in between the socks: mittens and some more socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A: A dog sweater for my friend's dog Viggo, a fair isle pillow, Noro Kureyon socks, and I'm about to cast on some mittens and a shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
A: Yes, definitely!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
A: Straight needles. I've only knitted with aluminum, so it would be nice to try something else for a change.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A: I do have a yarn winder, and a swift is on my "things to shop when I have time/money" list.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A: Probably around 3 years.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
A: I would have to say Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
A: Not really, if you don't count yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A: I am absolutely in love with handpainted yarns! I just started subscribing to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. I would love to get my hands on the pattern for Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave's fall 2006 issue.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
A: I can't think of anything specific. Learning new things is always interesting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A: Yes, big time! I have a size 38,5 foot (European), 8 (USA). That is 25 cm (Eur.), 9 3/4 inches (USA).
23. When is your birthday?
A: February 27.