Monday, June 18, 2007

Gothic Spire

And I knitted yet another Cookie A. creation. This time, it's Gothic Spire socks. I really like these! The pattern is really interesting and different, and they fit perfectly. I've never had to modify any of her patterns.
The yarn is Rowan 4-ply soft. Not the most obvious choice for a sock yarn, but it's absolutely perfect! No splitting, no fuzz, just a nice and smooth surface. And it's much more affordable than "real" solid sock yarn.

I'm going on holiday in a few days, and I won't be updating the blog for a while. I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for visiting. Did you see that you've been here over 6000 times already?! So, thank you! :)

I'll spend my vacation knitting and possibly also designing a bit. I'll give you a few snippets of my work once in a while when I can. Have a great summer!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The socks look great, as do your Bayerisches too!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those socks look fabulous!! Just gorgeous!

Have a great holiday!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Upeat sukat!

Ja hyvää kesälomaa!

Heide said...

These turned out lovely. The color is perfect with the pattern.

Rasa said...

Those are gorgeous! She really designs nice patterns. I may have to break down and buy them!

ysolda said...

So pretty :) I just bought a bag of the exact same yarn, I love that colour.

I just got your awesome reveal package, thank you so much. I can see that I'm going to have fun peeking around here and finding out more about you :)

Dave said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous -- well done!

Anonymous said...

Those socks are amazing! I love Cookie A's patterns, but I don't think I've enough gumption to try that one yet!

Sissel said...

fantastic sock-knitting going in there! Will sure look these up myself.

amylin said...

Gorgeous socks.