Friday, June 8, 2007

Yarn madness

Hmmmm... What to do when it's a zillion degrees outside and about one degree cooler inside? Oh, I know! Dye yarn! What a great idea!

A whole lot of walking around two chairs to get it to self stripe, and then standing in front of hot steaming pots! Then hang it to dry in the sun. Then walk around the same friggin chairs again, trying to detangle the mess of yarn. Then winding it into a ball. Then winding it into a skein. And then into a cake. I'm starting to question my sanity...

At least the result is pretty nice.


This is KnitPicks yarn dyed with KoolAid. I got both the yarn and the KoolAid from my Secret Pal. Thank you, it turned out great!! I'm planning to knit a scarf with this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so pretty! I"ve been Kool Aid dyeing all week... it's so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors. I have some of their yarn to dye too. I think I'm waiting for cooler weather, however, for my first try at dying.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the yarn, and have put it to such good use! The yarn looks great!

your secret pal

Heide said...

The yarn turned out wonderful and I can't wait to see how it stripes.