Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Startitis, on a whole nother level...

Meet Sheldon the Turtle. Isn't he cute! The pattern is from Knitty and... Wait a minute!

We haven't seen Sheldon here on the blog before... You didn't start yet another project did you?! What about the mountain of UFO's?

Well... You're absolutely right. I admit it. Startitis has taken over my life. And Sheldon isn't exactly the only thing I started...

I give you: Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Pattern by Eunny Jang, in Interweave Knits fall 2007. Pics here

If you've read my blog before, you shouldn't be that surprised. You should know that I have a 'thing' for Eunny's patterns. This one is a giant mountain of stockinette stitch! The only thing that keeps me going is the yoke cable (should start soon, just a few more rows). The yarn is Rowanspun DK. I can't believe Rowan discontinued it! It's amazing! It has just the right softness without being too fuzzy, and it's really warm.

And there's more... Another one from IK fall 2007. Snowflake Socks. I just had to knit these because I like knitting socks in thicker yarn. I'm getting a little sick of the fingering weight sock yarn patterns. These are incredibly fast, despite the fair isle pattern.

I'm actually past the heel on the second sock already...

And if you were wondering, I have made some progress on my older UFO's. This is the Via Diagonale bag.
The cotton is killing my hands, but I try to knit at it once in a while when I feel inspired.

And the shawl from Victorian Lace Today (see previous post for long name...).
I'm past the border and a few rows into the main part now, and it's moving along super fast.

No news on the Anemoi Mittens, though. I don't know if any progress has been made on them. I'd have to ask the knitting gnomes at the bottom of my WIP-basket. Maybe I'll dig the mittens out this weekend and finish them.

In case anyone is wondering, I did buy more yarn. BUT, hear me out, I only bought more of yarn I already have, so it would be enough for the project (in this case, the Tangled Yoke cardigan). This is a really clever way to keep buying yarn, but with a good excuse. "I have to buy more of this, or I won't have enough for this and that project." Just be sure to chose a project that requires more of a certain yarn than you have in your stash.

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sheldon sure is a cutie! And he's done..so startitis..finishitis?!

Love the Tangled Yoke! Can't wait to see more pics of that!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Sheldon! <3

Rowanspun on todella ihanaa ja olen vieläkin vähän katkera, ettei sitä enää valmisteta. Onneksi sitä on tullut hamstrattua aikamoisia määriä varastoon... :)