Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Working hard

I've been knitting a little bit... Hehe! I think I'm in denial about how many hours of knitting time I have in an average day... :)

The crazy, kind of secret fair isle project is moving along nicely. It's getting a bit monotonous, but it should be finished soon, so that's fine.


I also started another sweater project. I had some Kauni yarn in my stash, and every time I walked past it, it was screaming "Knit me! Knit me!". So I did. I didn't really have a clear picture in my mind when I started, and I still don't, but this is what it looks like at the moment.

Don't you just love the subtle color changes in the yarn. This is two days of knitting on a 3 mm needle. It's about 25 cm now, and I'm putting some fair isle in, or else I would get bored silly with the stockinette. It will be fun to see how this turns out.

And last, but certainly not least, the Tangled Yoke cardigan. It's so close to being finished, just the buttons left to sew in, but I'm still waiting for the buttons to arrive in the mail. It's agony! Come on, arrive already! I can't wait to wear this. It's perfect!


Speaking of mail... I think my mail man is losing his mind with all the yarn he has to deliver to me. I've heard him laboriously squeeze in packages through the tiny opening in our door, several times a week, and I can only imagine what he is thinking. Yesterday, he apparently had had enough! He rang the doorbell, and when I opened, he shoved three packages at me and left with an annoyed look on his face. He said something like "here", and I didn't know whether to laugh or apologize. It is his job, though, so I'm sorry mister mail man, but tough luck! Deal with it, or ask to get another route. :)

1 comment:

Pikku- Kettu said...

Tuo Kauni- neule on upean värinen.

Paljonko sinulla kului lankaa tuohon Tangled yokeen, ja minkä kokoinen se on? Minulla olisi nimittäin kuusi kerää Rowanspun DK:ta varastoissani, ja mietin riittääkö se pienimpään kokoon.