One year ago today, January 29, I wrote my first blog post. It feels like a long time ago, and at the same time it feels like yesterday. Over the course of one year, a number of new things have been introduced into my life through this blog. Here are a few of them:
- I have ventured into the realm that is blogland, and discovered the treasures it holds (all the knitting blogs I love to follow, and the inspiration they give me)
- I have discovered online yarn shopping (not entirely a positive thing)
- As a result of the previous point, I have acquired a fairly significant stash (another thing that's not all positive)
- I also have a knitting library, with patterns to last me many lifetimes
- I've learned a whole new English vocabulary (FO, UFO, LYS, frog, spit splice, ssk, k2tog, yo, ktbl, i could go on and on)
- I'm on Ravelry (and as a result, I have even more inspiration and information available to me)
- And, most importantly, I have the best blog visitors in all of blogland! Thank you! Your comments make the blogging experience worth while!
Even Mr Postman knew something special was going on today, and he brought me this for my blogiversary present.
I want to knit every design in it! Another knitting book that will last me a whole lifetime. I have quite a few of those now...
And last, but not least, some newcomers that haven't been introduced here on the blog yet (although they've been in use for a month already).
My KnitPicks Harmony wood dpn's (on the first sleeve of my Ruffled Jacket). These are so great! They don't bend like most other wood dpn's do. They're really sharp, and there are six needles of every size (2.0 mm, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3.0, 3.25), just in case you break one. These were sent to me by the nice folks at GetKnitted.com (enablers!).