I'm in this strange knitting mode right now. I knit a lot, but there doesn't seem to be anything worth blogging about. I guess it's because I'm mainly working on sweaters, and there really isn't much point in taking photos every 10 cm... But I did make significant progress on my Ruffled Jacket. Look: Ruffles!
I've made so many modifications on this jacket already, that I can't remember them all. Again, I'm avoidin sewing, so I'm knitting the ruffles onto the edge instead. The ruffles are supposed to be knit separately, casting on at the outer edge with k9p3 and then decreasing two stitches for every repeat every other row, ending with a few rows of k1p3. Then you're supposed to sew the bind off edge and the main edge together. Well, you all know I can't do that! I'm doing it the other way around. I picked up stitches around the edge, started with k3p3 instead of k1p3 because I wanted just ruffles instead of the "bells", then increased every other round until I had k9p3 and then did the bind off. I also much prefer the bind off edge to a cast on edge. I can't wait to finish this!
I got the latest issue of Rebecca in the mail yesterday, and I already have plans for some of the patterns. Not sure about the yarn though, it might be too heavy, but I know I want brown and beige.
And then there is a veeery seeeecret project, that I can't really tell you anything about. These are the ingredients.
Let's see what kind of soup comes out of it.