Friday, February 23, 2007

Fair Isle pillow

I've been working on a Fair Isle project these last few days, and I've actually made some progress! (applause!)

What you see here is the middle part of a pillow. I still have the edges left, but I'm loving it so far! I was a little bit hesitant when I started, because I haven't done much Fair Isle, and the chart looked really complicated (not to mention the instructions!). But after a few rows, I was getting the idea. And Fair Isle is so satisfying, because you see the results almost instantly.



This first picture is a close up of the pattern. I found this pattern on the Two Swans Yarns website when I was browsing around. They use 14! colors, but I wanted to make it a little more simple, so I'm going to use only 6 colors. Two for the middle, two for the edging, and two for the borders. In the picture below, you can see the whole shebang on my fridge door fastened with magnetic hangers. Oh, how clever I am! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi, just found your site through the Fair-Isle February KAL (lurker only, I only just found that one recently too, too bad february's almost gone!) Just wanted to come over and compliment you on the gorgeous design & great knitting, can't wait to see the finished pillow :)

Marina said...

I did that when I knitted my first Ass-tarmore Fair Isle. I got rid of all but one of the pattern colors! I think it's a great idea for anyone starting out.

Of course it is a pillow! And gorgeous one too,

tiennieknits said...

Beautiful pillow - I really like that design!