Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cables and Noro...

I had a little accident with my Noro socks the other day. My foot decided to come out through the heel, and it just wasn't functional. They were Noro Kureyon, however, and who throws away Noro? So I frogged them and recycled the yarn. Then I made these...

A basic, toe-up sock pattern with a front cable. For some reason, it seems to be cable season here at the moment. I guess it's because winter is coming, and cables are more "wintery" than for example lace. I just had to name these "Legolas Socks", since they really remind me of Lord of the Rings. Can't you just imagine Legolas prancing around in these?! :)

And you just have to admire the stitch definition of Noro Kureyon in cables on 3 mm needles!

Wowza! I haven't knitted cables with Noro before, and I've always knitted on larger needles, so the out-of-this-world stitch definition was a pleasant surprise for me. On the other hand, the numb fingers and aching hands were less pleasant. It's hard work knitting Noro Kureyon this tightly! I still have one more sock to go...

7 comments:

Phlel said...

Excellent! Indeed wonderful definition. I just did a purse with this yarn, but on #6 US needles. Can't imagine how tight it was on those smaller ones. Ouch!

weaverknits said...

SO beautiful!

Majtessa said...

Jo, jag föreställer mig Legolas i ullsockor just nu ... Very hot :) Verkligen snygg "kabel"! (man blir så försvengelskad när man är ute på nätet för mycket).

Anonymous said...

I saw your socks on Ravelry and came over to visit - You have some beautiful knitting going on over here!!

Karen said...

Hi! You seem to be in a cable mood - good thing you do them so well! I loved scrolling through your many projects. I really came over to check up on the International KAL; I don't recall an e-mail telling me who I will be sending to. I think I must be close to receiving the dear little thing, so I thought I would get in touch. In case you can't extract my e-mail from the blogosphere, it is:

karen dot KVL at verizon dot net (replace words with punctuation, of course).

Courtney said...

Those are going to be some seriously warm socks!
I love knits in tight gauges but yeah the hand cramp can really take the fun out of it.
Great combo!

twellve said...

i saw your socks on ravelry, too. absolutely beautiful. any chance you'll be sharing the pattern? :)