Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ruffled Jacket

And this is what the Rowanspun Aran in the previous post wanted to be.


Ruffled Jacket by James Coviello.
Vogue Knitting, Fall 2007.

You can see a gorgeous finished jacket on Veronique's blog. This is the one that made me want to knit it!

The yarn is a little bit more brown/beige than the gray in this picture. As always, I'm loving the Rowanspun. I think I prefer the Aran over DK and 4 ply. It's so squishy and smooshy. And knitting on 5,5 mm needles is superfast! The pattern calls for 6,5 mm needles, but I didn't want the stitches to be too loose. So I decided to use 5,5 needles instead and knit size L, aiming for an end result around size M. Let's see if it works...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, Heidi, I love this jacket. I hope to see it finished soon (much faster than my sitcom chic :-)