Sunday, March 11, 2007

Chucks Cabled Socks, oh dear!

This is what I've been working on lately...



And It's taking up all of my knitting time. Chucks Cabled Socks by Eunny Jang. The pattern is really fascinating, but soo time consuming. Moving the two yarns around, trying not to get them tangled around each other or the needles, is what's taking the longest. I know there should be some way to do this faster, but I'm still knitting with one yarn at a time around my finger and the other one hanging down. I think I've read about a way to have both yarns wrapped around your finger(s) at the same time while you're knitting... I haven't really figured that out yet, so I'm stuck with this system.

Really love the socks though! It's nice to have a challenge once in a while. But I suspect and fear that these will suffer from second-sock-syndrome... I guess I'll have to cast on the second sock immediately after I finish the first one, just to be on the safe side, so I don't end up with just one Chuckie...

No comments: