1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A: Oh, there are so many favorites! I love solid and semisolid merino sock yarn, or any shiny wool yarn that is good for making socks. I can't stand yarns with "things" on them, anything that resembles this.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A: At the moment, I store them in the packages they came with. Older "stray" ones that aren't complete sets, I store in a bunch with a rubber band around them. Clearly, I have some organising to do in this area.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A: I have been knitting from a very young age. My grandmothers taught me. I used to raid their yarn stash and knit stuff, and remove their projects from the needles I wanted to use. I would consider my skill level to be advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
A: Yup. Just made one. Here
5. What's your favorite scent?
A: Difficult one. Anything that isn't too strong. Fruity and flowery.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A: Dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
A: I really like dyeing yarn. And I've just started learning how to spin with a drop spindle. Weaving is next on my to-do-list, when I get the money for a loom...
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
A: Yes, I can play mp3s on my computer. I like so many different kinds of music, it's hard to point anything out. I'm not a big fan of country music, though.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
A: I have so many favorite colors that I can't decide on one or a few. I don't like orange and yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A: I live with my boyfriend in a 3 room apartment. We don't have any pets or kids or other creatures running around here.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
A: All of the above.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
A: I've knitted a LOT of socks this past year. I'm still knitting socks, just not as obsessively. I also love knitting lace shawls.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A: Two pairs of socks (see, I'm in denial about the sock obsession), a lace shawl, some random UFOs that I don't know if I'll ever finish.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
A: Yes, definitely!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
A: Straight needles. I usually use aluminium needles. I do have a set of bamboo dpns, but I'm always scared I'll break them because I'm such a frantic knitter.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A: I do have a yarn winder, and a swift is on my "things to shop when I have more money" list.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A: I've frogged all my really old UFOs, so at the moment the oldest one is about 1 year old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
A: I would have to say Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
A: Not really, if you don't count yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A: At the moment, I'm absolutely obsessed by Japanese knitting books. I really love knitting socks with Rowan 4 ply soft, and Noro yarns (Silk garden, Kureyon, Iro) are always welcome. I just started subscribing to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. I would love to get my hands on old issues of Vogue Knitting (older than Fall 2007) or IK (older than winter 2007)
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
A: I can't think of anything specific. Learning new things is always interesting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A: Yes, big time! I have a size 38,5 foot (European), 8 (USA). That is 25 cm (Eur.), 9 3/4 inches (USA).
23. When is your birthday?
A: February 27.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID.
A: Yup, I finally got my invite! Yay! My ID is knittingheidi.